The short tour of Fatima, allows you to visit some of the best landmarks in Portugal such as the medieval town of Obidos, Alcobaca and the fishing town on Nazare. End the tour in Fatima where you will overnight.
Leave Lisbon at around 8:30 a.m. (pick up at the hotel) and return to Lisbon, next day in the evening (drop off same place as pick up).
A similar tour is the independent tour of Lisbon and Fatima which allows you to say in Fatima 2 nights and has an additional tour of Lisbon. Click here for more information and to compare the packages.
Day 1 - Lisboa/ Obidos/ Alcobaca/ Nazare/ Batalha/ Fatima
Leaving Lisbon, we drive northwards and arrive at our first point of visit: the beautiful walled town of Obidos with its picturesque streets and the Pousada do Castelo (Castle). We then drive to Alcobaca to visit the 12th century Church with the tombs of Dom Pedro and Inês de Castro, Portugal's "Romeo and Juliet" lovers. Lunch will be in Nazare, one of the most colorful of Portuguese fishing villages. If possible we will go to the "Sitio" for a panoramic view of the beach and the village. In the afternoon we visit the 14th century Batalha Monastery, an exquisite and masterful example of the Portuguese Gothic style and designated World Heritage by UNESCO. Arrival at your hotel in Fatima. Evening free to participate in the Candlelight parade (seasonal) and to attend mass if you wish. Accommodation at a hotel in Fatima with buffet breakfast.
Day 2: Fatima/ Lisboa
After breakfast at your hotel, the day is free for personal activities in Fatima, center of Christian Faith and a place of World Pilgrimage. You may wish to visit the church where the tombstones of the shepherd children, Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco are as well as the Chapel of Apparitions, heart of the Shrine. Mass services are offered throughout the day in various languages. At the end of the day we will return to Lisbon through the colorful farming region. End of services in Lisbon.
- 1 Night accomodation in Fatima
- Departure aournd 9 a.m. of first day
- Return in the evening of next day
- Accommodation on buffet breakfast basis
- Transport by air conditioned bus or minivan as per detailed itinerary
- Minimum 4 persons to operate. Maximum 45 people.
- Guide during entire tour
- Full buffet breakfast daily
- Dinner can be added for an additional premium. See rates table.
Note: Hotels shown are for reference only. We reserve the right to change hotels based on availability, group size or other factors. Should alternate hotel be required, it will be of same or better rating .
- Children under 4 years of age travel free
- Children 5 to 10 years of age have a 50% discount
Fatima - Hotel Sao Jose
Centrally located in the pilgrimage town of Fatima, Hotel Sao Jose is 202 m from the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima. It features a restaurant and a sauna.
All guest rooms are air-conditioned and equipped with satellite TV, radio and private bathroom.
Guests of Sao Jose can enjoy a Turkish bath and relax bar at the hotel's lounge area with fireplace. Guests can also use the health club and fitness center.
The Hotel Sao Jose is within walking distance of the Sanctuary Basilica and the Chapel of the Apparitions
More about this hotel from booking.com
Fatima - Hotel Santa Maria - Fatima
A 2-minute walk from the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima, this hotel’s modern architecture lets in lots of daylight. It features spacious rooms and art works by Portuguese artists.
Santa Maria’s restaurant lays nestled on the hotel’s green grounds. It offers regional Portuguese cuisine as well as various international dishes. There is-athroom amenities. The rooms have free Wi-Fi and soft, carpeted floors.
Santa Maria hotel also features a meditation room and hotel chapel. There is a terrace on the 4th floor with views of the sanctuary.
More about this hotel from booking.com
Booking your Tour Package
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $50.00 per
person is required to confirm and hold your reservation
- Tour departures, itineraries and prices are subject to
change until confirmed
- Full payment due 45 days from departure
Booking your Tour Package with Air
- This tour package does not have an airfare option. We can hold
your tour package land reservation while you book air. Once you confirm your air
itinerary we can then proceed with collecting a deposit and confirming
your land portion
- Deposit is non-refundable
- Cancellation 45 to 22 days prior to departure: 20% of total
price minus deposit
- Cancellation 21 to 8 days prior to departure: 30% of total
- Cancellation 7 to 2 days prior to departure: 50% of total
- Less than 48 hours, "no shows" and unused services - No
I want to book. What do I do next?
- Click on the "Book Now" button to send your reservation request
- No payment will be collected at this time
- Our travel Associate will contact you via email to answer any questions and book your Package
- If you don't plan to book at this time please click here to contact us with any questions or concerns about your trip or your holiday
- A fee of $35 per person, per transaction, will be charged
for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking
- We strongly recommend you purchase travel/cancellation