A family friendly action-packed holiday. This is a package for the whole family to enjoy and is suitable for children from the age of 8 years old. You will have the opportunity to view the volcanic complex of Sete Cidades and enjoy views over the lakes where you will have the chance to canoe, paddle board and cycle. To add to this experience you will be able to enjoy a whale watching trip to discover some of the marine wildlife of the Azores Islands followed by the unique opportunity of snorkeling in the volcanic crater of Vila Franca Islet. Enjoy this package with your family!
- Day 1 | Arrival
- Day 2 | Thematic tour to Furnas (FD)
- Day 3 | Whale and dolphin watching and Vila Franca Islet (FD)
- Day 4 | Adventure tour in Sete Cidades (FD)
- Day 5 | Swimming with dolphins (HD)
- Day 6 | Jeep safari to Lagoa do Fogo, north coast, Santa Bárbara beach and Gruta do Carvão (FD)
- Day 7 | Free Day
- Day 8 | Departure
Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Free day.
Pick up at the hotel. Thematic tour to Furnas. “Cozido” lunch included. Return to the hotel. Thematic Tour to Furnas (van + walking) - Full day On this tour we feel and experience the volcanic origins of the Island in Furnas, a magical place. We start by visiting the Caldeiras da Lagoa das Furnas (Furnas Lake Calderas), a place where we cook the famous “cozido das Furnas” (a very special meal cooked only with the steam of the Earth) and continue with a soft walk that crosses a stream and circles the lakeside. During this walk we have the opportunity to appreciate a variety of endemic flora species. Next we visit the town of Furnas, with its fumaroles and hot springs that contain water with different tastes. The Cozido meal is served in a local restaurant. After lunch we visit the centenary Terra Nostra botanical garden that is famous for its extraordinary collection of native plants on the Azores, as well as others from all over the world that have adapted to the local garden conditions. At the end of the visit you are invited to bathe in an iron-rich hot water swimming pool that has a temperature of 35-40ºC, an exquisite experience! On the way back to Ponta Delgada we stop at several beautiful viewpoints on the North Coast and also at the only tea plantation in Europe where we will be able to visit the working tea factory and have a lovely break to taste the tea.
Pick up at the hotel. Whale and dolphin watching – 3 hour trip and visit to Vila Franca Islet. Lunch included. Return to the hotel. Whale and Dolphin watching and visit to Vila Franca islet– Full day During this activity you will have the opportunity to watch some of more than 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores. Although nature offers no guarantees, whales and dolphins are regularly seen during our full day tours, along with turtles, seabirds and other marine life. Before the boat trip our biologists give you a briefing to explain which cetacean species can be observed, safety measures aboard, how we respect the animals and rules of observation at sea as well as some historical facts. During the tour each passenger is required to wear a life vest (except on our catamaran). Futurismo also provides rain coats and trousers if necessary. After the 3 hour tour we stop in Vila Franca do Campo to have lunch in a local restaurant. Then we board a converted traditional fishing boat and head to Vila Franca do Campo islet, a volcanic crater off the coast that encloses a natural lagoon. The islet is a natural reserve, so here you will be able to view the diversity of fish species that have been preserved due to this protection (masks and snorkels are provided). Transfer back to Ponta Delgada by boat or van.
This activity is only available during the summer season due to the schedule of Vila Franca islet. The islet is typically open to the public between June 15th and September 15th. As an alternative we suggest a visit to Oficina Museu and the Pineapple Plantations or other activity arranged with the guest upon arrival.
Pick up at the hotel. Adventure tour in Sete Cidades. Picnic lunch included. Return to the hotel. Mountain bike tour and kayak in Sete Cidades adventure - Full day Explore the west side of São Miguel. Sete Cidades lake is one of the most famous and legendary lakes of the island. We will have time to go down to the bottom of the crater where we can ride a bike and paddle a kayak in the amazing lake of Sete Cidades. This is definitely the best way to enjoy Sete Cidades environment, feeling the amazing energy and beauty of the place. A picnic lunch will be enjoyed on the lake shore. In the afternoon we drive along the south coast and pass by Ferraria where we find a wonderful hot water bathing area that was created by the formation of a small crater and volcanic fissure from which the surrounding ocean water is heated. What a perfect way to end our adventurous day!
Pick up at the hotel. Swimming with dolphins (2h30). Free lunch and afternoon. Swimming with dolphins - Half day Imagine yourself floating in the deep blue ocean of the Atlantic, watching and hearing dolphins in their natural habitat. Learn more about the species, enjoy the ocean and find yourself on this invigorating trip! Before the trip we provide a general presentation about: the dolphin species, how to swim with dolphins responsibly in the wild, how to use a mask and snorkel, rules and how to behave around the dolphins and safety measures aboard.
Pick up at the hotel. Jeep safari to Lagoa do Fogo, north coast, Santa Bárbara beach and Gruta do Carvão. Lunch included. Return to the hotel. Jeep Safari to Lagoa do Fogo, North Coast, Santa Barbara beach and Gruta do Carvao - Full day In the morning we will visit Gruta do Carvao, the longest lava tunnel of Sao Miguel Island located in the western part of Ponta Delgada city. Lunch in a local restaurant in Lagoa city. During the afternoon you will enjoy nature at its best in this natural reserve, an amazing blue lake in a volcanic crater. The lake is one of the most beautiful in the Azores and one of the best naturally preserved throughout the years. After the stop in the lake, we drive you to Caldeira Velha (warm ironed waterfall with bath possibility) and Caldeiras where you can see some fumaroles. We finish our visit in Praia de Santa Barbara, an amazing black sand beach where you will have time for a dip.
Free day to do as you please.
Transfer from the hotel to the airport and departure. Highlights
- Riding a mountain bike and paddling a kayak in the wonderful Sete Cidades Lake
- Watching some of the 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Tasting the famous Furnas “Cozido”, cooked only with steam of the earth
- Swimming in the deep blue sea with wild dolphins.
- 7 Nights Hotel
- Airport - hotel - airport
- Transfers to the activities, except to the Whale watching
- English speaking guide
- Lunch on the full day activities
- International flight to Ponta Delgada
- Lunch on days 1, 5, 7 and 8
- Optional activities
Our guides speak a variety of languages so that we can offer our guests a more personalized service. Languages spoken include English, Portuguese, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Scandinavian languages, Bulgarian and Estonian.
- Pic-nic lunch on day 4 – baguette sandwich or salad, cupcake or energy bar, fruit, water and juice
- Cozido lunch on day 2 – starter, Cozido, dessert and drinks included. Cozido contains: beef, chicken, pork, spicy sausage, blood sausage, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrot, cabbage, green kale. All cooked during 6 hours with natural steam only
- Lunch in local restaurant on days 3 and 6 - starter, fish or beef, dessert and drinks included
*Vegetarian options on request (24h before the trip)
Bring comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat, walking boots or shoes, swimming suit and towel, hat, sunblock, backpack and bottle of water to refill.
The weather or sea conditions may restrict the activities therefore the order of the itinerary may be switched so that guests can take the most enjoyment of their trip.
Dates & Rates
|2/20/2019 - 3/24/2019||$1334||$1278||$1828||$1307||$1251||$1801||$1034||$1038||$1361||$960||$987||$1368|
|3/25/2019 - 4/1/2019||$1359||$1359||$2430||$1359||$1359||$1974||$1359||$1359||$1662||$1359||$1359||$1582|
|4/2/2019 - 5/24/2019||$1359||$1555||$2430||$1319||$1555||$1974||$1065||$1177||$1662||$1036||$1124||$1582|
|5/25/2019 - 9/30/2019||$1636||$1902||$2961||$1636||$1902||$2505||$1192||$1350||$1899||$1142||$1275||$1740|
|10/1/2019 - 10/31/2019||$1294||$1555||$2430||$1294||$1555||$1974||$1014||$1177||$1662||$960||$1124||$1582|
Booking your vacation
- Early booking is advised. Availability of accommodations
inter-island flight is limited especially in summer months
- If hotels named in itinerary are not available at time of booking, alternate similar
same rating properties will be confirmed, and subject to new quote.
- Order of islands visited may need to be altered due to
flight schedule changes
- Unless otherwise indicated, sightseeing tours are by
private car with English speaking driver. Other languages are
available upon request
- Quotations with different hotels have a non refundable deposit
of $50. Deposit will be credited towards final booking price
Booking your Vacation with Air
- International airfare for this package is additional to
price shown on Rates table. Departure cities are limited to those serviced
by SATA International (Azores Airlines)
- If you want a quote for airfare to be included make sure to
check yes when prompted during the booking/reservation
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $350 per
person per vacation is required to book and hold space for you. Deposit includes airfare
- Final payment is due 45 days before departure
- Option to pay full price up front is available
- $200 per person if canceled up to 45 days from day of
- 25% of total reservation if canceled 15 to 45 days from day
- 50% of reservation if canceled 7 to 14 days from day of
- No refunds if canceled less than 7 days or less from date
I want to book. What do I do next?
- Click on the Book Now button to send your reservation request
- No payment will be collected at this time
- Our travel Associate will contact you via email to answer any questions and book your Package
- If you don't plan to book at this time please click here to contact us with any questions or concerns about your trip or your holiday
- A fee of $35 per person, per transaction, will be charged
for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking
- We understand that there are unforeseeable circumstances, like flight cancellations, that prevent our clients from making their trips as planned. For that reason, we recommend purchasing travel insurance as we will not be able to refund any service which clients have not been able to utilize under these circumstances. Please click here for more information.
Note: Hotels shown are for reference only. We reserve the right to change hotels based on availability, group size or other factors. Should alternate hotel be required, it will be of same or better rating .
Ponta Delgada - Hotel Apartamentos Gaivota
Located in the center of Ponta Delgada and next to Portas Do Mar, this hotel offers panoramic views of the marina right in the capital of the Azores Archipelago.
All rooms at Hotel Apartamentos Gaivota have hardwood floors and elegant furnishings. Each of the air conditioned rooms features a cable TV, and a minibar.
Guests can enjoy their breakfast in the privacy of their room, while using the free internet. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants and cafés with terraces. Packed lunches are also available.
The ocean pools of Ponta Delgada and the city's public pools are less than 165 ft away. Ponta Delgada Airport is 2 miles away, and the hotel offers a car rental service on site.
Ponta Delgada - Hotel do Colegio
Situated in a 19th-century building on São Miguel Island, this hotel is a 5-minute walk from the University of the Azores and the seaside. It offers a swimming pool and free WiFi throughout
Hotel Do Colégio guestrooms are spacious and were recently redecorated in accordance with the building's history, which used to be a school and musical conservatory. They have air conditioning and come equipped with a minibar and cable TV. The private bathrooms have a hairdryer.
In the morning, the hotel serves a buffet breakfast. The property's restaurant serves signature cuisine, made from locally grown ingredients.
Guests can refresh themselves with a dive in the pool.
Hotel Do Colégio is located in the historic centre of Ponta Delgada. The villages of Relva and Sao Roque are a 15-minute drive away. Parking is available nearby, at an extra fee.
Ponta Delgada - Azor Hotel
Featuring 123 rooms overlooking the Atlantic, the Azor Hotel is a lively and modern hotel with an outdoor swimming pool located in Ponta Delgada, São Miguel.
Each modern room is equipped with air conditioning, soundproofing, a minibar and a flat-screen cable TV. Private bathrooms come with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.
Guest may enjoy a revitalizing breakfast every morning and the À Terra restaurant serves a varied à la carte menu with typical delicacies. In the evening guests may relax at the on-site bar.
Spa and Wellness facilities as well as a conference centre will be opening soon. Taking advantage of the natural surroundings of the São Miguel Island, a great variety of outdoor adventures and local experiences may be arranged.
Within a 15-minute walk, guests will find landmarks like São Brás Fort and São Sebastião Mother Church. Sete Cidades Lagoon is 15.5 miles away and Ponta Delgada Airport is 4.7 miles away.