This Full-Day tour allows you to discover Lisbon, capital of Portugal, colonized by many civilizations along the centuries: Phoenicians, Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Moors and finally the Portuguese after 1147. We will visit St. George Castle, including its surrounding quarter and Alfama, Lisbon's oldest quarter. This city is linked with the heroic deeds of the Portuguese maritime exploration, in the 15th and 16th centuries. This was the Age of Discoveries and the Golden Era of Portugal, transforming Lisbon into the opulent center of a vast empire. Part of the wealth from these expeditions was used to build magnificent monuments in a unique Portuguese style: the extravagant Manueline architectural style, best typified in Jerónimos Monastery (closed on Monday). Some of these monuments can still be seen, especially in the area of Belém.
But Lisbon has more than just monuments! We will visit also the traditional commerce zones of the city, with their 18th century buildings: the Downtown and the Chiado. In short, our tour includes all the best that Lisbon has to show!
In Lisbon, no one remains indifferent to its temperate climate, the characteristic sunlight and the excellent meals you can have here.
But there is so much more that you can visit in Lisbon. If you wish to visit Museums, have some extra time for shopping or visit any other monument you just need to let us know so that we can help you out planning the Full-Day tour of Lisbon. Here you have some suggestions:
- Oceanário de Lisboa - The biggest aquarium in Europe with species from all over the world.
- Nations Park area - big modern area by the river where you can do a little of everything.
- Shopping - Shopping centers - the biggest in Europe , for example, or traditional shopping districts.
- Monastery of São Vicente de Fora - The biggest church in Lisbon and it's beautiful cloisters and views.
- National Palace of Ajuda - Former official residence of the Portuguese Royal Family in Lisbon.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Museum - One of the most famous Portuguese Museums.
- National Ancient Art Museum - For those who love old art.
- Coach Museum - The best and most complete collection of carriages in the world.
- Tile Museum - The tradition is still alive!
- Or any other place or monument of your interest.
Persons per vehicle
Car: up to 3 persons Van/Minibus: 4 to 6 persons